Law360 Names Julie Jones a Top Female Deal Maker
Ropes & Gray partner Julie Jones was named a “Top Female Deal Maker” by Law360 in a feature recognizing leading M&A lawyers.
Earlier this year, Ms. Jones was featured as one of the top young women lawyers in The American Lawyer’s “45 under 45” feature. The January 2011 article cites Jones as a “preternaturally coolheaded negotiator” with an “encyclopedic” knowledge of securities and M&A case law.
In 2010, Ms. Jones was identified as one of two lawyers who "have emerged as leaders not only within their firms, but in the PE practice as a whole" by The Deal (July 21, 2010). Ms. Jones, The Deal wrote, is one of the fastest-rising female attorneys who parlayed her earlier successes into a practice built around the intersection of IPOs and leveraged buyouts. A "self-confessed deal junkie," she is well known for her signature deal – Silver Lake's $11.3 billion leveraged buyout of SunGuard Data Systems.
Ms. Jones’s recent work highlights include representing:
- Avaya, Inc. in its proposed IPO.
- LPL Financial, the nation’s largest independent broker-dealer network, in its $522 million IPO. The IPO is believed to be the largest U.S. IPO of 2010 for a private equity portfolio company.
- TPG in the $3 billion acquisition of J. Crew Group, Inc., a leading American clothing retailer, for which Ms. Jones was named “Dealmaker of the Week” by The American Lawyer.
- Thomas H. Lee Partners in its $1.1 billion acquisition of inVentiv Health, Inc., a pharmaceutical services provider.
- Bain Capital in its $1.8 billion acquisition by tender offer of Gymboree Corporation, a leading child’s clothing retailer.