Ropes & Gray Makes Nine New Partners
Ropes & Gray is pleased to announce that 9 associates and counsel have become members of the firm effective Nov. 1.
The new partners represent a range of practice areas including private equity transactions, public companies, life sciences, IP litigation, government enforcement, tax and benefits, executive compensation, investment management and private investment funds and are located in the firm’s offices in Boston, Chicago, New York and Washington, D.C.
“The promotion of these 9 exceptional individuals to the partnership demonstrates Ropes & Gray’s commitment to developing our lawyers from within to better serve our clients and cultivate our longstanding relationships with them,” said R. Bradford Malt, the firm’s chairman.
The new partners are:
- Marc Biamonte with the private investment funds practice in New York focusing on the organization and operation of private equity funds, venture capital funds, funds-of-funds and hedge funds;
- Renata Ferrari with the benefits practice in Boston focusing on executive compensation, equity-based incentives and other compensatory and benefits arrangements, including the treatment of such arrangements in the context of corporate transactions and the disclosure of such arrangements in proxy statements and other disclosure documents;
- Aaron Harsh with the tax practice in Boston advising public and private companies in mergers & acquisitions and venture capital financings;
- Taylor Hart with the private equity transactions practice in Boston focusing on advising private equity sponsors and their portfolio companies as well as other public and private companies on mergers & acquisitions;
- Neill Jakobe with the private equity transactions practice in Chicago focusing on advising private equity sponsors and their portfolio companies as well as other public and private companies in mergers & acquisitions and corporate governance matters;
- Kirsten Mayer with the government enforcement practice in Boston advising on criminal and civil matters involving federal and state law enforcement agencies including False Claims Act, complex civil and multi-district litigation with a focus on clients in the health care industry;
- Kendi Ozmon with the tax practice in Boston focusing on tax-exempt organizations, including colleges, universities, health care and educational organizations and corporate and family foundations, advising them on formation, transactions, IRS examinations, business ventures, conflicts of interest and compensation matters;
- Jeremy Smith with the investment management practice in Washington, D.C. focusing on the representation of investment advisors, mutual funds and private investment vehicles such as hedge funds in their regulatory and transactional matters;
- Marko Zatylny with the public companies practice in Boston focusing on advising public and private companies in securities matters, mergers & acquisitions and corporate governance issues.
The global law firm Ropes & Gray works with clients across a range of industries to address their legal challenges and help them achieve their business goals. With lawyers based in international centers of business, finance, technology and government, the firm is a recognized leader in private equity, M&A, finance, investment management, hedge funds, litigation, securities and other complex business litigation, government enforcement, health care, life sciences, intellectual property, and tax, among other practices. The firm has 1,000 attorneys and professionals around the world, with offices in New York, Washington, D.C., Boston, Chicago, San Francisco, Silicon Valley, London, Tokyo, Hong Kong and Shanghai.