Chambers UK 2013 Honors Ropes & Gray
Ropes & Gray has achieved a significant increase in its rankings in Chambers UK: The UK’s Leading Lawyers for Business. In the 2013 edition, published on Nov. 2, Ropes & Gray was cited as a leading law firm in the following three categories:
- Banking & Finance: Sponsors
- Capital Markets: High Yield Products
- Investment Funds: Private Equity
In addition, 10 attorneys received 12 rankings, including:
- Mike Goetz, Banking & Finance
- Matthew Judd, Investment Funds: Hedge Funds and Investment Funds: Private Equity
- Will Rosen, Private Equity: Buyouts
Since opening its office three years ago, Ropes & Gray has established itself as a leading firm in London for finance, capital markets, private equity and restructuring. As Chambers wrote in its 2013 UK edition: "The team ‘looks at the law as a framework to get to the right commercial deals,’ clients say, and appreciate that it ‘thinks through all the potential issues and provides balanced thought on how to solve them.’"
Ropes & Gray now has more than 55 lawyers, including 18 partners, in London. One attorney in London—Michael Kazakevich, in finance— was among the nine attorneys promoted to the partnership on Nov. 1.