The Week at Ropes & Gray: Ropes & Gray Represents TESARO in $5 Billion Deal with GSK; Canada Goose Announces its Secondary Public Offering; Key Revisions to the DOJ’s Enforcement Policy; Sweetgreen to Roll Out Blockchain; Chambers Asia-Pacific 2019 Rankings; Chicago Office Managing Partner Honored for Work with Cradles to Crayons
Weekly highlights of what’s happening at Ropes & Gray:
- Our clients announced notable transactions including:
- TESARO, an oncology-focused biopharmaceutical company, will be acquired by GlaxoSmithKline plc for $5.1 billion. Ropes & Gray represented TESARO in the agreement.
- Canada Goose Holdings Inc. announced its secondary public offering of 10 million subordinate voting shares. Ropes & Gray acted as U.S. legal counsel to Canada Goose.
- At the American Conference Institute’s 35th International Conference on the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein announced revisions to the U.S. Department of Justice’s policy regarding individual accountability in corporate cases. In this alert, Ropes & Gray attorneys examined the revisions, which modify the Yates Memo by increasingly holding “individuals responsible for wrongdoing” in both civil corporate litigation and criminal cases.
- In the 2019 edition of Chambers Asia-Pacific directory, Ropes & Gray was ranked in 16 practice categories, and 17 lawyers earned individual rankings. Client feedback, which plays a key role in determining the annual rankings, reflected the firm’s increasing momentum in the region. One client said, “We are extremely satisfied with Ropes & Gray's excellent work, as well as the global network they've established.”
- Private equity partner and Chicago office managing partner Neill Jakobe and his family were honored by Cradles to Crayons in Chicago with an award for their extraordinary service in helping the organization provide essential items and supplies to children living in homeless or low-income situations. Neill and his wife, Stacy, along with their children, Eva and Isaiah, are pictured below with Bernard Cherkasov, the national chief operating officer of Cradles to Crayons.
- Follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter and Instagram for legal insights and the latest firm news.