The Week at Ropes & Gray
❖Ropes & Gray Advises on Merger of Health Care Payments Technology Leaders
❖Two Finance Partners Join Firm’s Growing New York Office
❖Firm Partners with Kayo Conference Series to Bring Women Professionals Together
❖Attorneys Examine M&A Considerations in Licensing and Collaboration Agreements
❖Ropes & Gray Hosts Charity Ride and Clambake for Boston’s Private Equity Community
This week, Ropes & Gray attorneys advised on a private equity transaction and contributed insights on intellectual property law. The firm also sponsored a conference that brought together women in the investment community, hosted a successful fundraiser and welcomed two esteemed partners to its finance group. Here’s a summary of the week’s highlights:
- Zelis Healthcare and RedCard Systems completed a merger that will provide technology solutions to more than 700 payers and more than 600,000 providers. The merger was supported by private equity firms Parthenon Capital and Bain Capital. Ropes & Gray advised Bain Capital.
- Ropes & Gray’s 350-lawyer New York office continues to grow with the addition of Leonard Klingbaum and Andrea Hwang as finance partners. Leonard and Andrea will expand the firm’s global finance practice, which represents a wide range of sophisticated private investment firms, direct lenders, financial institutions, and private and public companies.
- For the fourth consecutive year, Ropes & Gray sponsored the Kayo Women’s Private Market Summit, an annual conference that brings together women leaders in private equity and asset management to network and share industry insights. Several firm partners presented at the two-day conference, including private equity transactions partner Carolyn Vardi, asset management partners Jessica O’Mary and Debra Lussier, mergers & acquisitions group co-head Jane Goldstein, and securitization practice head Patricia Lynch.
- Dealmakers need to ensure they do not inadvertently obstruct their company’s M&A goals, including exclusivity clauses, licensed technology definitions, and confidentiality and standstill provisions. To help negotiators navigate these potential issues, intellectual property partner David McIntosh and corporate associate Evan Tallmadge examined M&A considerations in licensing and collaboration agreements in Westlaw Journal Intellectual Property.
- Ropes & Gray hosted members of the Boston private equity community for the third annual PMC Flywheel Challenge Charity Ride and Clambake. The annual athletic event and fundraiser benefits life-saving cancer research and treatment at the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute.
- Follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter and Instagram for legal insights and the latest firm news.