Ropes & Gray A Key Player in SPAC IPOs
A DealBook article in the July 14 edition of The New York Times highlighted the surging popularity of special purpose acquisition companies (SPACs), which use funds from stock market investors to purchase private companies and take them public.
As a key player in the SPAC arena, representing all constituencies on SPAC deals — issuers, underwriters, sponsors and investors — Ropes & Gray acted on many of the SPAC deals highlighted in the DealBook article. The firm is also actively working on numerous SPAC business combinations.
Notable recent SPAC IPOs in which Ropes has played a key role in 2020 include:
- Pershing Square Tontine Holdings Ltd.
- GS Acquisition Holdings Corp. II
- Longview Acquisition Corp.
- Flying Eagle Acquisition Corp.
- Foley Trasimene Acquisition Corp.
- Capstar Special Purpose Acquisition Corp.
- PTK Acqusition Corp.
- DMY Technology Group Inc.
- Gores Holdings IV Corp.
Capital markets partners Paul Tropp and Christopher Capuzzi (both of New York) advised on these deals.