Chambers UK 2012 Honors Ropes & Gray
In the 2012 edition of Chambers UK: The UK’s Leading Lawyers for Business published on Oct. 25, Ropes & Gray was cited as a leading law firm in Banking & Finance, and two of the firm’s London-based lawyers received rankings:
- Mike Goetz, banking & finance
- John Baldry, tax
Since opening in 2009, Ropes & Gray’s London office has handled a number of high profile matters, including advising:
- TPG Capital in connection with its US$560 million acquisition of a 30% stake in Saxo Bank A/S, the Danish securities and forex brokerage, and asset management firm from Banco Espirito Santo SA and General Atlantic LLC.
- Mezzanine investors in the recent buyout of Securitas Direct by Bain Capital and Hellman & Friedman. The €395 million mezzanine financing was arranged by Morgan Stanley, MV Credit and Partners Group, among others.
- Bormioli Rocco Holdings S.A. and VCP VII Luxco 6 S.A.R.L. in connection with the issuance of €250 million 10 percent Senior Secured Notes due 2018 of Bormioli Rocco Holdings S.A.
- Liberty Global Inc. in connection with the financing for its approximate €3.16 billion acquisition of Germany's third-largest cable TV operator Kabel BW Erste Beteiligungs GmbH, from Swedish private equity group EQT Partners AB.
- Certain mezzanine lenders to KCA Deutag Oil Services Group, including funds managed by BlackRock Financial Management, Inc., EIG Management Company, LLC and GoldenTree Asset Management LP, in connection with KCA’s financial restructuring.
- TPG Capital on its €1.2 billion secondary buyout of Ontex NV from Candover Partners Limited.
- Sankaty Advisors and GoldenTree Asset Management, as Euro note purchasers in connection with the issuance of €110 million eight-year senior secured notes that will refinance the debts of the world's largest specialty alumina products producer Almatis, resulting in the company's exit from bankruptcy.