Legal Business Honors Ropes & Gray with 2013 U.S. Law Firm of the Year Award
On Feb. 7, Legal Business hosted its 16th annual awards ceremony at the Grosvenor House Hotel in London and honored Ropes & Gray with the 2013 U.S. Law Firm of the Year award. This award highlights the United States firm that has made the greatest progress over the past year in advancing its strategy, improving financial performance and performance for clients.
Legal Business’ award commentary notes, “Since its launch in 2009 [Ropes & Gray] has employed a clear and successful strategy of expansion in London, which has seen it commit to building a capability geared towards advising the new sophisticated investor base providing alternative sources of funding on significant deals.”
Ropes & Gray’s London office has recently been noted for several high profile representations, including advising:
- Liberty Global in the $23.3 billion acquisition agreement for Virgin Media (led by partner Jane Rogers);
- Altice VII S.à r.L. on a $1.1 billion financing in connection with the take-private and refinancing of HOT-Telecommunications Systems Ltd. (led by partners Michael Kazakevich and Mike Goetz); and
- Bitė Finance in connection with its €200 million high-yield offering (led by partner Jonathan Bloom).
Ropes & Gray also achieved high rankings and recognition in Bloomberg’s 2012 Global Legal Adviser League Tables as the Top U.S. Firm in Europe for Issuer-Side High Yield Deals. The firm ranked:
- #1 by deal count and #2 by US$ value for Euromarket High Yield (excluding Emerging Markets) Issuer Adviser; and
- #2 by deal count and #3 by US$ value for Euromarket High Yield (including Emerging Markets) Issuer Adviser.