Ropes & Gray Private Equity Practice Named “Practice Group of the Year” by Law360
Ropes & Gray’s private equity practice was honored with a “Practice Group of the Year” award by Law360. Ropes & Gray was the only law firm to be honored with a “Practice Group of the Year” distinction for both its private equity and health care practices.
Law360 honored Ropes & Gray with a total of five “Practice Group of the Year” distinctions: fund formation, securitizations, white collar defense, health care and private equity. The awards, which honor honors firms that “worked on the biggest deals or achieved the biggest wins in the most important cases,” were announced on Jan. 13.
In 2019, the firm’s 180 private equity attorneys advised on more than 200 private equity transactions, totaling over $112 billion. Ropes & Gray advised 9 of the top 10 largest global funds, and led deals for more than 80 mid-market firms routinely doing $100 million to $1 billion transactions.
Achievements in 2019 included representing:
- Advent International in its acquisition of AccentCare
- CCMP Capital Advisors in its agreement to acquire BGIS from Brookfield Business Partners.
- Bain Capital Private Equity in its acquisition of U.S. Renal Care Inc.
- New Mountain Capital in its investment in emids
- Bain Capital in connection with the merger of health care payments technology leaders Zelis Healthcare and RedCard Systems
- Charlesbank Capital Partners in an agreement with the private equity firm GTCR to sell stake in Park Place Technologies
- Jacobs Holdings AG in its acquisition of North American Dental Group
Ropes & Gray’s roster of new clients includes Harvest Partners, GI Partners, Jacobs Private Equity, LightBay Capital, Arsenal Capital Partners and Wynnchurch Capital. They join the firm’s longtime clients led by TPG Capital, TSG Consumer Partners, Bain Capital, Silver Lake Partners, H.I.G. Capital, Berkshire, Kohlberg and Golden Gate Capital.