Ropes & Gray Named Law360 “Practice Group of the Year” for Technology, Health Care and Capital Markets
Law360 honored Ropes & Gray with “Practice Group of the Year” awards for technology, health care and capital markets. The annual awards honor firms that “worked on the biggest deals or achieved the biggest wins in the most important cases.”
Technology: Ropes & Gray advised private equity funds, companies and their boards, and investors in innovative technology matters across transactions, fund management, regulatory & compliance, intellectual property rights and litigation.
- The firm’s M&A and private equity teams guided major technology deals, totaling more than $200 billion over 12 months. The work includes steering record-breaking transactions like the $40 billion business combination and related $4 billion PIPE that resulted in taking Southeast Asian “super-app” Grab public in the U.S.
- Since the fall of 2020, the firm has represented global cybersecurity company McAfee in several notable transactions: its $740 million IPO, its $4 billion sale of its Enterprise business to Symphony Technology Group and its 2021 sale to an investor group for $14 billion.
Health Care: Law360 has named Ropes & Gray the health care “Practice Group of the Year” for three consecutive years. In 2021, our lawyers guided important client work, including:
- The merger of Harvard Pilgrim Health Care and Tufts Health Plans, two of the biggest insurers in the United States.
- Advised Blackstone in the $13 billion sale of Change Healthcare to UnitedHealth Group’s Optum.
- Advised research institutions and pharmaceutical companies in the development of COVID-19 vaccines and testing, as well as advised state-led COVID-19 task forces in hard-hit U.S. states.
- Guided numerous affiliation agreements and JVs from health care systems to companies that are transforming the delivery of services and treatments.
Capital Markets: the firm’s capital markets practice guided issuers and underwriters in significant capital markets transactions:
- In 2021, the firm advised on over 60 successful SPAC IPOs for issuers, sponsors and underwriters, with aggregate proceeds of over $23 billion.
- Advised on more than 160 successfully priced equity and debt offerings in a range of global geographies with aggregate proceeds of over $64 billion.
- Guided on more than 30 life sciences capital markets deals over 12 months that raised more than $11 billion.
- Steered more than $4 billion in whole business securitizations.