Michael Roh Named “Dealmaker of the Year—TMT” at The Deal Awards
The Deal named private equity partner Michael Roh “Dealmaker of the Year—Technology, Media & Telecommunications” at its annual awards.
Michael led the most significant private equity-backed technology deals of 2021 and 2022, advising:
- McAfee in its $14 billion take-private sale to an investor group, led by Advent International. The deal was one of the largest and most complex deals of the last 18 months.
- TPG Capital in the:
- $4 billion carve-out acquisition, alongside Francisco Partners, of Boomi. Boomi is a provider of cloud-based integration technology, previously part of Dell Technologies.
- $4 billion TPG-backed sale of McAfee’s enterprise business to Symphony Technology.
- simultaneous carve-out of AT&T’s television business and purchase of a 30% stake in the newly carved out business, DirectTV, for $1.8 billion.
- $4.3 billion sale of software company Wind River in its sale to Aptiv PLC.