Chidi Oteh is an associate in the firm's asset management and sports groups. His practice focuses on the representation of various investment advisers, hedge funds, private equity funds and institutional investors in connection with fund formation, ongoing governance and operational issues, compliance, regulatory and transactional matters. Chidi also has experience advising public companies in SEC filings and other compliance matters.
As a member of the sports law group, Chidi assists in the negotiation of employment, sponsorship, media and speaking arrangements for various collegiate and professional coaches, administrators and broadcasters. In addition, he assists in the negotiation of sponsorship, licensing, joint venture, broadcast and media rights agreements for professional leagues, teams, and colleges and universities.
Prior to rejoining the firm in 2019, Chidi worked as associate counsel for the Oakland Athletics Major League Baseball Team and the San Jose Earthquakes Major League Soccer Club.
In addition to his in-house roles, Chidi was an associate in Ropes & Gray’s hedge funds, securities and public companies, and sports groups from 2015 to 2018.
Prior to joining the firm in 2015, Chidi worked as an accountant for a restaurant group in the St. Louis Area.
- Assisting sports franchises in the drafting, reviewing and negotiation of sponsorship agreements, licensing agreements and information technology agreements.
- Assisting sports franchises in data privacy law compliance programs.
- Assisting private fund managers with ongoing compliance matters and the preparation of compliance policies and procedures.
- Representing private fund sponsors in connection with the structuring and formation of open-end and closed-end funds, as well as single-investor funds.
- Representing various clients regarding investments in third party private funds.
- Advising institutional and other investors in connection with secondary transactions for both the acquisition and disposition of private fund interests.