You are cordially invited to attend the first Director Summit in our roundtable series focused on directors of public companies. Our program will include panel discussions — “Accounting Red Flags” and “Shareholder Activism” — with industry experts (see Panelist Profiles), moderated by Ropes & Gray attorneys, Paul Scrivano, Jane Goldstein and Dan O’Connor (see Attorney Profiles). We will conclude the event with a networking reception.
DATE Tuesday, June 13, 2017
TIME 4:00 – 7:30 PM
PLACE Ropes & Gray LLP | 1211 Avenue of the Americas | 38th Floor | New York
A proactive board can help guard its company against loss of revenue and even reputation. However, being proactive may be challenging when, as a director, you are not involved in the day-to-day operations and you rely on management to provide you with accurate financial information.
When all you have to go on is what management tells you, what are the clues that the finances of the company may not be what they seem? Please join us for an in-depth discussion on accounting red flags and best practices for publicly traded companies.
- What are the red flags?
- What are the things that all directors should know?
- How do you get out ahead of issues before they become public?
- What will the SEC focus on when things go wrong?
- What are best practices?
Public company directors need to be attuned to shareholder activism now, more than ever. Please join us for a discussion on current trends in shareholder activism, including:
- Passive investors becoming more resistant to settlements
- Non-traditional activists beginning to push for change
- Latest “asks” by activist funds (e.g., spin-offs with no takeover defenses, etc.)
For additional information, please contact Kathryn DiCenso.