Weekly highlights of what’s happening at Ropes & Gray:
- Our clients announced and closed a number of significant transactions this week including:
- Silver Lake, a technology-focused private equity firm, announced a strategic growth investment in GoodRx, a leading source for prescription and healthcare savings. Ropes & Gray is representing Silver Lake in the transaction.
- Planet Fitness, Inc., one of the largest franchisors and operators of fitness centers in the U.S., has completed a financing transaction involving the issuance of $1.275 billion in securitized notes. Ropes & Gray represented Planet Fitness in the financing.
- A Ropes & Gray litigation team secured an important victory for Sequoia Fund, Inc., a mutual fund, and three independent members of the fund’s board of directors when the New York Supreme Court, Appellate Division, affirmed the dismissal of a shareholder derivative suit filed against them.
- While tax is not immediately considered an environmental, social and governance (ESG) issue, the UN-backed Principles for Responsible Investment address sustainability issues in connection to corporate tax strategies. In this video, Ropes & Gray tax partner Andrew Howard examines how tax planning is becoming part of an ESG agenda.
- The Ropes Recap, a comprehensive report on M&A news, trends and legal developments, includes contributions from more than 30 members of our global team. Read the latest edition, which summarizes M&A developments from the second quarter of 2018.
- Over this past weekend, a Ropes & Gray Pan-Mass Challenge (PMC) team biked 192 miles across the Commonwealth of Massachusetts and through difficult weather to raise money for life-saving cancer research and treatment at Boston’s Dana Farber Cancer Institute. Collectively, the team raised more than $181,000 this year. Including past years, more than $2 million has been raised by Ropes & Gray teams.
- Follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter for legal insights and the latest firm news.
Stay Up To Date with Ropes & Gray
Ropes & Gray attorneys provide timely analysis on legal developments, court decisions and changes in legislation and regulations.
Stay in the loop with all things Ropes & Gray, and find our more about our people, culture, initiatives and everything that’s happening.
We regularly notify our clients and contacts of significant legal developments, news, webinars and teleconferences that affect their industries.