Ropes & Gray has one of the largest and most sophisticated private investment funds practices, advising both fund sponsors and investors. The size, scope and integration of the sponsor and investor practices – we form and review many hundreds of funds each year – give us unequalled insight into market terms and developments around the world. Our clients benefit from this unsurpassed depth of experience as we provide seasoned advice, practical and innovative solutions, and first-class service.
The private investment funds group consists of more than 100 lawyers that provide global coverage. We have fund attorneys resident in the United States, Europe and Asia to provide real time advice and local knowledge to sponsors and investors in each of those regions.
We are counsel to many of the largest and most well-known fund sponsors and fund investors in the industry. Our sponsor practice also includes representation of a great many middle market and emerging managers. Our practice and our attorneys have been recognized both nationally and internationally by Chambers, Best Lawyers, Legal 500 and others as leaders in the private investment funds industry.
For more details about our capabilities please visit:
- Nationally Ranked Tier 1 by Best Lawyers in Private Funds/Hedge Funds Law, Mutual Funds Law, Leveraged Buyouts and Private Equity. The firm was previously named “Law Firm of the Year” for Mutual Funds and for Private Funds/Hedge Funds.
- Ranked by Chambers Global as a leading “Investment Funds: Private Equity: Fund Formation” and “Investment Funds: Hedge Funds” practice.
- Ranked by Chambers USA as a top-tier firm for Hedge & Mutual Funds, Investment Funds: Investor Representation, Investment Funds: Registered Funds, Private Equity: Buyouts, and Private Equity: Fund Formation.
- Highly ranked by Chambers Asia-Pacific for Investment Funds: Private Equity, Corporate M&A & Private Equity, and in Chambers Greater China Region for Investment Funds: Private Equity and Private Equity: Buyouts & Venture Capital Investment.
- Ranked by The Legal 500 U.S. as Tier 1 firm in Investment Fund Formation and Management: Alternative/Hedge funds, Investment Fund Formation and Management: Mutual/Registered/Exchange Traded Funds, Investment Fund Formation and Management: Private Equity Funds (including Venture Capital).
- Ranked as a Tier 1 law firm by IFLR1000 in the U.S. for Private Equity Funds, Registered Funds and Financial Services Regulatory and Hedge Funds.
- Ranked as a leading law firm by IFLR1000 in Hong Kong for Private Equity Funds.